Saturday, January 27, 2018

27 January 2018 m00bie dump #1

Greetings, friends. My dad is still in the rehab, so I still haven't had time to blawg except for posting vids. I'll see if I can find a few minutes to update y'all tomorrow.
- Dot Calm's shadow

I love this video from Sam Bee! If only our elected officials would watch it--and if only our media would cover it.


This is a well-reasoned take on the so-called Aziz Ansari scandal. My take is that he assumed more than he should have and made his moves without getting consent first, but what he did in no way constitutes assault because he effin' stopped as soon as she said to. So, he's at fault for being a jerk--but, since his intent was never predatory, he'll learn from this and act more wisely next time. She was at fault for expecting him to read her mind and for not communicating more clearly up front. And she had no right to anonymously smear the man, potentially ruining his career. I have no idea what she will learn from all of this, but I hope she learns to communicate more clearly and proactively if she doesn't like how she's being treated. She also needs to learn that it's not her job simply to do what others want or expect of her just because she's female. Her automatic compliance and his automatic assumptions make them both products of our culture, which I sincerely hope the MeToo movement will help grow and change for the better.

THIS is what we need in our government!!!!! Welcome, Jim Keady! Throw him a buck o' five when you can--I will.






I keep hearing that the Women's March was even bigger this year--yay! I love it!! Too bad the "liberal" media didn't cover it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home